Five Good Reasons To Opt For Wire Shelving
If you're considering adding more storage to your home or office, you're likely confused about the many types of shelving products on the market. Are you adding a new work area or sewing space in your basement or garage? Are you expanding your pantry, perhaps to hold more home-canned goods? Maybe you're building that fantasy closet you've always dreamed of. If so, one type of shelving you should consider, if you haven't already, is wire shelving. This product is not only affordable, but offers a number of advantages over other types of shelving.
Benefits of wire shelving
1. Versatility. Wire shelving can adapt to most every need and every room, from your laundry room to a walk-in closet to a work or garden area in the corner of your garage. Wire shelving also allows you to configure your storage area in any number of shapes and sizes. The possibilities are all but endless.
2. Low maintenance. Wire shelving is virtually maintenance-free. You don't have to dust wire shelving units like you do wooden or flat metal shelves. They also don't need to be repainted periodically and won't chip like other types of shelving products.
3. Moisture-resistant. If you live in a coastal area or an area with high humidity, you don't have to worry about your shelving rusting or decaying like wooden or metal shelving can, even if it's located out in your garage or other exposed area. In addition, the open design of wire shelving doesn't trap moisture between the shelf and the product like wooden or metal shelving can, which helps to protect the items on your shelves. This is especially helpful for pantry shelves, where trapped moisture can compromise your food.
4. Durability. Wire shelving can stand up to heavy loads without bending or breaking, another plus for the pantry or work area. This type of shelving won't sag like other types of shelves can and the frequent supports all but insure that the shelves won't pull away from the wall.
5. Affordability. Wire shelving is generally more affordable than other types of shelving. This type of shelving will help your decorating and DIY dollars go further than other types of products.
While wire shelving may not be the right choice for every home or business owner, this product is extremely versatile, affordable and requires very little maintenance. It's certainly worth considering for your next DIY storage project. To learn more, contact a company like Certified Handling Systems.